Hario V60 Guide
Measurements: 20g coffee, 300g water ( 10.5 oz)
1. Bring enough water to just below a boil ( 93° C) in order to brew the coffee and pre-heat the V60 / decanter.
2. Weight out 20 grams of coffee and grind it medium.
3. Place the V60 and filter on top of the decanter of your choice.
4. Pour some hot water around the paper filter, eliminating any paper taste and pre-heating the V60 and the decanter, then throw the water out – you only want brewed coffee in your final drink.
4. Place the coffee grounds into the V60 filter and give it a shake for even distribution.
5. Pour just enough water to saturate the grounds evenly (about 30 grams) and rest for 30 seconds or however long it takes for the bloom to stop.
6. Pour the remaining water continuously and evenly onto the grounds and in a circular fashion, moving inward and outward within the circle. The coffee level should rise just above the grounds. Finish the pouring by 1:45
7. Be careful not to pour the water directly on to the filter at any point and try to maintain a constant volume of water throughout the entire process.
8. It will take about two to two and a half minutes for the coffee to drain completely into the decanter
9. That's it, your done, now sit back, relax and enjoy!