French Press Guide
- Measurements: 20g coffee, 300g water
- Grind: Coarse
1. Bring enough water to just below a boil (93° C) in order to brew the coffee and warm the French Press.
2. Weight out 20 grams of coffee and grind, a course grind will give the best extraction.
3. Pour some hot water into the French press to warm it up, remove the water. Add the grounds in evenly, saturating all of the grounds.
5. Start timer immediately for a 4-minute soak.
6. After 1 minute, submerge grounds floating at the top into the water and give a slight stir with an object that won’t harm the glass.
7. After 3 minutes and 30 seconds, scoop the layer of fine grounds and bubbles off the top of the water and dispose of. This will help minimize the sludge at the bottom of the cup after pouring.
8. When the timer is up at 4 minutes, press the plunger down.
9. Pour, enjoy